Suffocation by Snack Bags, Is Your Pet at Risk?
Recently a pet sitter of ours arrived at a client’s home for their daily dog walk only to find that sadly the dog had passed away. She found the dog at the base of the stairs with a potato chip bag stuck firmly on his head. She started Cpr immediately but it was too late. Cause of death, suffocation by the snack bag.
When a pet sticks their head in a bag or box to get the food, their breathing creates a vacuum and the bag tightens until they can’t get it off and they suffocate.
Imagine the horror. Imagine how the sitter felt, as she has known this dog for years. This however, is nothing compared to what the owner felt when our pet sitter called to inform her of what had happened. Utter devastation are the only words to describe this situation.